Monday, February 1, 2010

This is hard

I gotta say, I am feeling a bit discouraged. I started this blog because I couldn't find a forum for this issue. Now I don't seem to have many readers, either. I think I am mostly the only reader, actually. :) It would be easy to give up.

At the same time, I think this problem is quite pervasive. I can think of 15 families off the top of my head that have dealt with something similar. I really think the single moms out there going through a son rebelling to the point of leaving home need support. I know I do.

This past week, there was a breakthrough. For almomst six months now my ex-husband has really felt that I mistreated our son by insisting that in order to live in my home he follow my rules. Well, the fact that my son now has over 40 unexcused absences has finally gotten my ex angry. He let me know this. That is the most unity we have had since this time came about. My ex told me that the atrocious attendance record broke some kind of deal that he and my son had. I feel that my ex is finally tasting what I have been living.

I am so sad. I love my son. I don't understand why he feels the need to push this hard.

3 comments:

  1. Hey KK< I think this is an amazing Idea! I hope this works out in all the best ways possible. It would be awesome to have other moms with the same issues to talk to about this stuff! You are a fantastic mother and have worked so hard on keeping it together. Congrats on this page and best of luck. By the way, I'm not a mom, and I will still read your blogs when you post them!! Love Ya girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kollette-- Please don't be discouraged. I'm so glad you started a blog. Readership does take time to build. Let's talk sometime about self-promoting online and how it's actually possible without sounding like a telemarketer. Because it totally is! :)
    Your son is stubborn and independent-- just like you! He'll come around, I'm sure of it. I'm glad you're talking about your experiences. Looking forward to reading more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, wonderful women and good friends for your support and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete