Saturday, January 23, 2010

Waiting for My Child

I got surprised Thursday night with tickets to see Patty Griffin. She played a beautiful song that will appear on her upcoming album called "Waiting for My Child." In tears, I was thinking about the parts I identified with, and also how I differed. I am waiting for my child to come home. And yet, I am in a place where I feel strong; strong(ly) about the behaviors I will and will not accept, strong(ly) about my love for my son, strong(ly) about my own serenity, and strong as a woman and a mother. I want my child to come home spiritually and behaviorally as much, if not more, than I want him to come home physically. Some may say I have abandoned him in ways, yet I feel that I am continuing to parent him. I am teaching him how to treat me, himself, others. I am here, waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment