Monday, January 18, 2010

I Have a Dream

So, I am a mom. I am not married. My son, who is now seventeen and still in high school, has moved out. I raised him his whole life.

There was much that went into how this all came about, and there is much that is still going on.

I recently looked up statistics of percentages of this occurring (teen boys of single moms leave home for one reason or another prior to graduating high school). Although I have heard tons of personal stories, I could find very little data.

Additionally, I have experienced beautiful and loving support and understanding from many people. However, I have also experienced severe judgement from others.

I would like to know if you are in my situation. I would like to know if you have done research on this. I would like to tell my story. I would like your support. I would like to support you. That is what this blog is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment